[Samba] HOWTO Create a PDF Writer in samba

Freeman, Peter (ERHS) Freeman.Peter at saugov.sa.gov.au
Tue Jul 30 17:16:02 GMT 2002

>Maybe this is a bug, because according to the man page the
>generic print
>command = {whatever} should only override the printers that
>don't have a
>print command = {whatever} set specifically, what version of
>samba are you
>using?

I'm using 2.2.5 on Redhat 7.3.

I figured the same thing after reading the man page, so I was
kind of surprised when the pdf conversion didn't work and all
I was left with was the spool file in the share (which converted
fine with ps2pdf from the command line).

I have a couple of things to try, if worst comes to worst then
I'll change back to LPRng, which I'd prefer not to do as I like
the administration features of CUPS.