[Samba] Eric Thorsnes: Samba 2.2.5 update process

Eirik Thorsnes eirik.thorsnes at fys.uib.no
Tue Jul 30 14:12:02 GMT 2002

Sorry, my mistake.
Should be:

./bin/update-pkginfo <version> <subversion>

Ok to avoid confusion:

wget -nd -nH http://us2.samba.org/samba/ftp/samba-2.2.5.tar.gz
tar zxf samba-2.2.5.tar.gz
cd samba-2.2.5
cd packaging
./bin/update-pkginfo 2.2.5 1
cd RedHat
su
<roots password>
sh makerpms.sh
<wait for finish without errors. look for: "Wrote:
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/samba.... etc >
rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/samba-2.2.5-1.i386.rpm

Eirik Thorsnes