[Samba] Recycle bin Functionality

Dennis dennis.moreno at pop.safetran.com
Tue Jul 30 11:04:01 GMT 2002

Giulio-

I apologize for contacting you directly on this, but there doesn't seem
to be much interest from anyone for answering
any questions on the recycle bin module. I'm hoping you can help.

I need to configure the recyle bin to function as it did (before V.
2.2.4/5) with the patches from Brandon Stone. Brandon's version
allowed me to configure samba to move deleted files to a directory
located on a separate disk where they were stored
under a sub-directory named after the user. This directory of deleted
files could then be shared as a Recycle Bin" share
where the user could then do whatever they wanted with the files. This
provided a more centralized configuration of the
recycle bin.

Can you provide me with information on how to configure the recycle bin
module to provide the same functionality as
described above?

Thanks
Dennis

+******+

This e-mail message is meant solely for the person or organisation to whom it is adressed. The message may contain personal or confidential information, or information that is not public in nature. Safetran Systems Corporation accepts no responsibility for message content and possible attachments that are unlawful or of questionable decency. Further dissemination, publication or duplication of this message is strictly prohibited if the person or organisation receiving this message is not the intended recipient. In the event that you are not the intended recipient, we request you to refrain from using the content and to immediately inform the the sender of the error by returning the message. Thank you for your co-operation.