[Samba] Winbind/WIn2k domain question

Daniel Curry dcurry at cariocas.com
Tue Jul 30 10:47:46 GMT 2002

I have just set up an RH7.3 system with Samba and winbind.

I would like this system to be the company's primary file server with users mounting their /home/DOMAIN/username directory as some drive letter on their local machine.  Is there a document for this someplace?   Have I over looked something in the Samba-HOW-TO collection?  I would also like to establish team/department shares as well, with limited R/W based upon 2K groups and RO for others, but user dirs should be R/W user only, etc...

Daniel Curry
IT Manager
Cariocas
625 Second Street
Suite 201
San Francisco, CA 94107
ph: 415-348-6516
fx: 415-348-6505
cell: 510-579-6680

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z,
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
  - Albert Einstein