[Samba] Netlogon

Nash Computer Technology nashcom at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 30 10:47:02 GMT 2002

On 30 Jul 2002 at 8:26, John Benedetto wrote:

> You should post your smb.conf file, so we can see that you have the other
> settings for PDC behavior set up properly.
>
> - jb

Thanks for the help so far.  Here is my smb.conf file.  I've tried various settings, but still
can't get an login scripts to work.  I created the login on a Windows PC and copied it to
the Unix server, so it should have the correct CR/LF format.  I can also execute the
script (and it works!) when I run it directly from the Windows PC.

 [global]
   workgroup = scoworkgroup
   server string = Samba Server
   hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.
   printcap name = lpstat
   load printers = yes

   printing = sysv
   log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
   max log size = 50

   security = user
  encrypt passwords = yes
  smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd

     ; tried following – yes and no
   domain master = yes

   domain logons = yes

   logon script = %U.bat
   ;logon script = startup.bat

   logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
   ;logon path = \\%L\Profiles

   dns proxy = no

 [homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = yes
   writable = yes

[netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /home/netlogon
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   share modes = no

 [Profiles]
    path = /home/profiles
    browseable = no
    guest ok = yes

# NOTE: If you have a BSD-style print system there is no need to
# specifically define each individual printer
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes

[officedata]
comment = shared office data for users in 'office' group
path = /home/office
valid users = @office
writeable = yes
public = no