[Samba] Installing Samba in a Suse 8.0 server machine

GILBERTO gilbertogroups at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jul 30 07:29:03 GMT 2002

Dear friends,

I'm a newbee as in linux as in samba packages, and need a help (any site, tutorial, quick reference) to install and configure it (both linux Suse 8.0 and Samba).

I intent to install Suse 8.0 as a

   login server (not a DHCP server cause IP is provided by a router)
   file server

I thought to use Samba to administrate it.

Linux Suse 8.0 is already installed in the computer (an 1,4Ghz Intel). It's wizard did the installation almost alone, I was only selected the "simple server" option in package selector screen.

***** Note that I need an "idiot proof" script, OK ?? *****

Thanks for your help

Gilberto Antonangeli
55 11 9937-8895