[Samba] Looking for a script to add/remove multiple shares from smb.conf

drew.arthur at mail.sprint.com drew.arthur at mail.sprint.com
Tue Jul 30 06:07:02 GMT 2002

I would like to easily add/remove share entries in the smb.conf file
without removing or deleting lines that are not associated with that
section. I use SWAT for single shares.

[xxxuser]
comment = xxxuser Testing
path = /samba/xxxuser
Read Only = NO

[drew]
comment = drew's tmp share
path = /tmp

[testgroup]
path = /samba/testgroup
read only = No

So, if I wanted to remove the [drew] share I guess I would just need to
remove all lines including [drew] between the ending ] and the next
beginning [ ?

perl-o-maniacs, awklings, sedoholics.... I'll take what I can get.

Here is a script that will find the entry "unix" in a file and then
split the file. I could do something similar but I still end up with the
remaining lines after "[drew]".

#!/bin/ksh
file="file1"
while read -r xx