[Samba] Print to PDF file with CUPS

Freeman, Peter (ERHS) Freeman.Peter at saugov.sa.gov.au
Tue Jul 30 00:41:05 GMT 2002

Hi all

I've been beating my head against a wall today trying to get
a PDF printer set up on our Samba box.  It is set up to use
CUPS for printing, and from the mountains of documentation/howtos
that I've waded through, it appears that when Samba is setup to
use CUPS, it ignores the "print command" parameter which most
people seem to use for printing to PDF files.

I'm wondering has anyone got this working with CUPS or do I have
to switch back to LPR based printing to get this to work?

TIA