[Samba] unable to open passdb database

Deniz Aydemir aydemird at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 20:31:02 GMT 2002

Hi
I recently setup samba 2.2.5-1 on a Redhat7.2 box. I
added a user same as on my w2k machine. everything
seems ok but when i try to login to linux box via
neighboorhood it keeps asking password and i can not
login anyway.

When i alanyzed the log file the error is as below:

[2002/07/30 11:59:39, 0]
passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c:pdb_getsampwnam(1367)
  unable to open passdb database.
[2002/07/30 11:59:39, 0]
passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c:pdb_getsampwnam(1367)
  unable to open passdb database.

my conf file is as simlple as possible and like below:
# Global parameters
        workgroup = WORKGROUP
        encrypt passwords=yes
[test]
        comment = For testing only, please
        path = /export/samba/test
        read only = no
        guest ok = yes

I ve added the user with
smbpasswd -a username
command as same user and pass on my w2k machine.

Can anybody help me figure out this problem please?
Thanks
Deniz