[Samba] Looking for a script to add/remove multiple shares from smb.conf

drew.arthur at mail.sprint.com drew.arthur at mail.sprint.com
Mon Jul 29 17:37:02 GMT 2002

Has anyone ever written a script to remove individual shares from the
smb.conf file? I am trying to put together a script that will add &
remove multiple shares at once by giving a <sharelist as input to the
script.

Adding shares is easy because I can just append the shares to the
smb.conf file, but removing individual share entries within the smb.conf
file without messing up the syntax of the file is the tricky part. Any
insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,