[Samba] RE: Migrating WINNT to SAMBA PDC

Irving Carrion icarrion at allinterior.com
Mon Jul 29 13:54:02 GMT 2002

>OK: Here's your first hint.
>Throw out the NT pdc. Just kidding.
>First question: how many clients.

That's what I plan on doing, throwin it away.

We have about 250 clients.

I don't mind creating the accounts in SAMBA and /etc/passwd, I just don't
want to re-configure all those client machines.

I heard of admins being able to use pwdump to make this happen smoother.
Then they just shutdown the WinNT PDC, Start SAMBA PDC and the users never
notice a thing.  The alternative is to sit down on each PC, re-configure a
new domain and new settings.

Any help would be surely appreciated.

If someone can help me, I'll right a step by step doc on how to do the
migration for all to share.