[Samba] Help-w2k pro no longer "trusted" in 2.2.3 pdc

m-bruntel mbruntel at comcast.net
Mon Jul 29 12:35:02 GMT 2002

Still not working to send msg  please send to list for me, and
let me know if you have an answer, please?!

------------------Here is the problem----------------
please help me get this out!

W2k w/SMB no longer trusted. help

 Here's my story...sad but true.
 I've got a run-away PDC, that makes me blue.

 It don't see my NT-clients nice anymore,
 now it says, "get offa my Floor"

 And I'm in the doghouse so I'm writing you
 so that I don't kicked out,and get black and blue
 ------------
 Mind you.  this has been going on since July 10th, but I couldn't
mail
the
 list for 3 weeks!
 This is STILL not letting me post. please forward this for me?!thanks

    Here is the  problem:

    I have several W2k Workstations, with a SAMBA 2.2.3 PDC.

    Problem is that I must have removed all of the important
parts of the
server validation.
    Here's the story:  OUTLAND is domain, W2k/ clients are milo

 and lola

    They WERE working fine on the domain.  I did SOMETHING (??)
and now I
get a message that says (when I try and log on: The system cannot
log you
on to this domain because the system computer account in its
primary
domain
 is missing or the password on that account is incorrect.

    now:  I tried to delete the machine accounts (milo$ and lola$)
  using userdel and smbpasswd -x to eliminate all traces.

    Tried to change out of domain, changed machine name, log
in: still no
good, same messages.
    Then I tried the same thing, but this time also deleted the

   secrets.tdb file.  Then did a smbpasswd to add  the root account
again.

    STILL same problem

    HELP!  I have no idea what to do!

    The last thing I tried was to to change the machine name
and out of
the  outland domain.

    So I tried to change the name of the client to stevedallas,
and the
workgroup to temp
    That change worked ok.  After this, I logged in, ok (as admin),
and
was  then able to change back to outland domain.

    Now I was able to log in as workstation/administator
    and I added new user/browse and it did see the outland domain.

    I click my outland domain name, and next and the the message:

    The user could not be added because the following error
has
   occurred.
    The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary
domain
 failed.

    SO I am stuck without getting any user logins (at least I
can login
as
 admin...

    please point me in the right direction??? thanks

Mitch--This is not my final comcast address. it will be changing
to eliminate spam!