[Samba] messages to students in a lab from login script

Denis Becker denis.becker at mnsu.edu
Mon Jul 29 11:22:02 GMT 2002

Hi - I am looking for something that can be run from a students login
script that will do two things:

1. Create a window where I can display a message (written into
the login script during samba's preexec login process) to the user. I
saw smbclient mentioned on Google but from the examples I saw it didn't
look like what I wanted.

2. Log the person off the computer from the script without the student
being required to do anything. With this I would like to serve two labs
with the same samba server but I want some way to restrict some of the
students from one of the labs. I thought I could do this with a login
script created during the preexec process again that would display a
mesage a logoff.

Denis Becker
denis.becker at mnsu.edu