[Samba] Reh Hat ipchains tricks

Raymond Gimilio gimilio at montp.inserm.fr
Mon Jul 29 10:27:30 GMT 2002

Good afternoon,

After some days fully deicated to Samba implementation on two Dell
PowerEdge servers running Red Hat 7.3, I finally get on my Windows 2000
workstation and Portable a network neighbouring windows with my two
servers.

I had backuped "My documents" sucessfully. The problem was coming from
ipchains. Running the command ipchains - F (flushing all chains) make
the smb running OK but opens a big hole in my security firewall (no
rules!). "The monkey is now on other shoulder", ipchains configuration.

Congratulation for fine job done with Samba.

--
     Raymond GIMILIO, Ingénieur de recherches CNRS