[Samba] rw issue with smbmount

Greg Conway greg at gmlnt.com
Sun Jul 28 18:49:02 GMT 2002

Hi Joel,

Nope, tried this, found permissions are all the same on each Server - 770,
owned by nobody:samba.

That particular directory is owned by a user with more access privilges
(group private), so I tried changing that back to group samab - no effect.

And along the 'permissions' theme I tried a differnet user as well... no
joy.

When you try to copy the files over, I get the error:

cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/gml/mount/GLOBAL/global.pab': No
such file or directory

the mount is actually shown as rw!

????

cheers,