[Samba] PDC operation allowing guest machines to log in ?

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sun Jul 28 03:37:02 GMT 2002

Howdy :)

I just have a little question regarding PDC and domain logons... my setup
is working nicely with roaming profiles, logging onto the Samba 2.2.3 PDC,
but I find that I am still able to find the server from a new machine,
supply a user/password and access the shares on the server.

Is this correct operation? Surely allowing this completely defeats the
object of machine accounts and a 'trust list' of machines?

Cheers,
Gavin.