[Samba] write list parameter in 2.2.5?

Eddie Lania e.lania at home.nl
Sun Jul 28 03:28:02 GMT 2002

Hello Lucas and list members.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Your solution is uesefull, but I am using ldap for creation of samba-users
accounts.
And they have no entry in /etc/group.
Ofcourse, I could define them in there, but what is then the purpose of an
ldap service?

My wish is to simplify this kind of management, and if possible, it must be
done in the ldap service.
I can't figure out how to do this.
There really are some troubbles when using ldap for user management.
Like how to add the "Domain Users" group to the "Users" group.
Or to add the Domain Admins group to the Administrators group.
I haven't found a way yet to do this.
Unfortunelity, you can't make a group a member of another group with ldap.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Eddie.