[Samba] User has no privileges to add printer or even change his wallpaper

Lucas Correia Villa Real lucasvr at terra.com.br
Fri Jul 26 21:48:02 GMT 2002

Hello

I have a question related to Samba + Win2k Workstations.
I have replaced a Win2k server by Samba (2.2.4). Everything was fine: the
users could login and access shares, but they could not connect to
printers shared on another Win2k workstations and even could not change
their wallpapers.

Since I needed to do that work fast, the solution I could find to this
situation was to give to all users admin privileges in their own Win2k
workstations (it was a small network, so this could be done with no
problems).

Although that worked, I really think there´s another way of solving that
problem, so I ask if someone knows how.

Below is my smb.conf file, if this can help somehow.

Thanks,
Lucas

[global]
    workgroup = WorkgroupName
    netbios name = Server
    server string = Server

    client code page = 850
    character set = ISO8859-1

    admin users = admin

    load printers = yes
    nt acl support = no

    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    log level = 3
    max log size = 500
    security = user
    smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    encrypt passwords = yes
    unix password sync = yes
    passwd chat debug = yes