[Samba] print jobs to a Windows connected printer disappear

Nicholas Sushkin nsushkin at openfinance.net
Fri Jul 26 17:16:40 GMT 2002

I have found that my PPD file comes from
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=pbm2l7k although Redhat
modified it a little bit. RH7.3 seems to have foomatic and cupsomatic
installed, so I suspect that portion should work correctly. Wonder if I can
trace it somehow. What log file should I look into?

I tried to print from windows into a file, moved the file to linux, and fed
it to smbclient. No effect whatsoever. I suspect it's a samba problem.

I guess I'll try connecting the printer directly to Linux box and try to
print directly to LPT port...