[Samba] print jobs to a Windows connected printer disappear

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Jul 26 16:31:02 GMT 2002

Yes, smbclient is bypassing all filters. The file has to be filtered
to print on this printer. A simple text file is likely meaningless to
your printer.
This issue get complicated, fast. How do you intend to filter this job so
your printer will understand it?
I can't find much support for your 7200. If you have it in your CUPS
version, you will always have to print with it, and not use smbclient alone.
Use smbclient only after you have filtered the job.
Joel