[Samba] Samba, ldap and Domino feedback anyone?

Bob Hemedinger rhemedinger at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 13:55:02 GMT 2002

I am on a mission that may allow my company to jetison
some NT and Win2K servers and their related costs.
What I would like to do is implement Samba as our PDC
and Domino as our corporate email using a single LDAP
source to drive both servers.

I have experimented with Samba (2.x) in the past and
can create my own PDC, but I have yet to try this
using an LDAP back end. I hope to begin experimenting
with both packages in the near future to see what is
truly feasible. I have already begun building my ldap
server utilizing the docs and tools from idealx. Does
anyone have any experience with these packages or
words of wisdom/caution?

Thanks in advance!

Bob.