[Samba] password authentication failing for winbind

Gawain Lavers glavers at bigstorage.com
Fri Jul 26 12:15:02 GMT 2002

I'm not finding an --enable-winbind-auth, but I did find
--with-winbind-auth-challenge in the configure script.  Its note reads "Enable
winbindd_pam_auth_crap() functionality (default no)".  This doesn't quite sound
right, because I don't think my problem is strictly a pam problem.  That user is
not recognized, for instance, when I try to mount a share from a windows machine
(that wouldn't use pam, would it?), and I get the odd error messages using
wbinfo, which I also thought was pamless.