[Samba] printing trouble

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Fri Jul 26 08:47:03 GMT 2002

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Mathias Homann wrote:

> what I have:
> a SuSE 8.0 pro, running samba 2.2.3a as a PDC
> a deskjet 895 cxi configured in cups
> cups configured to accept the application/octet-stream mimetype
> me wanting to upload winXP and win98 drivers to the samba server so that
> clients just connect, then get the drivers.
>
> uploaded drivers from winxp box (bot xp and '98 drivers)
> directories on samba's PRINT$ ressource got created and stuff's in them.
> win98 client tries to connect to the printer, gets an error about some dll
> that couldn't be copied.
>
> printing from XP box works just fine (but XP has them drivers anyway...)

Try upgrading to 2.2.5.  There was a bug i remember fixing that had to do
with smbd sending the wrong filename for the driver file to win9x clients.
Only affect a small number of drivers.  I just don't remember when i fixed
it (this year I know).  Probably was between 2.2.3a and 2.2.4.

cheers, jerry