[Samba] Samba connection

Mike Dawson websupport at nqe.com
Fri Jul 26 03:19:02 GMT 2002

Hi
I am very new to linux.
I am trying to run samba on a domain network I have named the machine Pingo
and can see this on the NT network but cannot brows to the share folder.
I can use smbmount to see NT shares in pingo but not Pingo on the domain.

My smb.conf file is below

[global]
	netbios name = PINGO
	server string = PINGO
	workgroup = BASILDON
	encrypt password = yes
	security = domain
	local master = no
	domain master = no
	preferred master = no
	log file = /home/mike/samba.log.%m
	log level = 3
	os level = 0
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY S0_KEEPALIVE SO_SNDBUF=4095
	wins server = 10.10.10.10

[share]
	comment = for testing
	path = /share
	read only = no
	guest ok = yes

If I try nmblookup pingo I get the following message

querying pingo on 10.5.127.255
name_query failed to find name pingo

if I try smbclient -L PINGO -N I get the following message

added interface ip=10.5.65.3 bcast=10.5.127.255 nmask=255.255.192.0
annonymous login successful
Domain=[BASILDON] OS=[UNIX] Server=[Samba 2.2.3a]

	Sharename	Type	Comment
	---------	----	-------
	share		Disk   testing only
	IPC$		IPC	IPC Service (PINGO)
	ADMIN		Disk	IPC Service (PINGO)

	Server	Comment
	PINGO		PINGO

	workgroup	Master
	Basildon	Pingo

if you could point me in the right direction I would be great full

Many Thanks