[Samba] need help with preexec

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu Jul 25 19:12:02 GMT 2002

What is your question. Preexec will do it, if they have popup messages
enabled on their machines.
Here are the values I trap when a user logs on.
This is for a guest sign in with ftp. If you have logins, you should get
the user name and his machine. Maybe that might be enuf to contact them.

Joel

client machine NetBios name = hammer7 (%m)
Primary goup name of U = ftp (%G)
IP address of client = 192.168.0.7 (%I)
Netbios name of server = jhammer6 (%L)
Internet DNS of client= hammer7.jhammer.org (%M)
NIS home directory= jhammer6 (%N)
Protocal level = NT1 (%R)
Current time and date= 2002/07/21 09:55:16 (%T)
Session user name (one the client wanted)= ftp (%U)
Architecture of remote machine= Samba (%a)
Process ID of current server= 21314 (%d)
Internet DNS hostname of server= jhammer6 (%h)
Path of services home directory from NIS= (%p)
Samba version= 2.2.1a (%v)
Home directory of user in u= /home/ftp (%H)
Root directory of current service = / (%P)
Name of current service = public (%S)
Primary group name of u in share = ftp (%g)
User name of current service = ftp (%u)