[Samba] Changing ACLs as administrator

Rob Helmer robert at namodn.com
Thu Jul 25 11:25:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

While the interesting discussion on POSIX ACLs vs. NT ACLs has
been going on, I've been trying ( unsuccessfully ) from a Windows
box logged in as DOMAIN\Administrator change ACLs on a file
owned by a user.

I just get "Access denied" every time I attempt it.

I have tried setting in the smb.conf :

--
domain admin group = DOMAIN+Domain Admins
--

and

--
domain admin group = DOMAIN+Administrator
--

but I still don't seem to have this access.

Is there something I am missing?

Any pointers would be great :) I want to let designated domain admins
change ACLs, since NT ACL's "Take Ownership" doesn't seem to be possible
with the current POSIX ACL/Samba combination.

Thanks,
Rob