[Samba] hiding Unix perms

Samba Samba at guidemail.com
Thu Jul 25 04:35:03 GMT 2002

Rob,

You shouldn't be creating those accounts locally.  That's part of what
winbind does.

I think what you mean by not displaying permissions is not showing the u/g/e
in the NT security
interface.  Don't know for sure, but I would say there is no way to turn
them off.

With a proper setup the file users and groups will belong to the domain not
local fileserver.

HTH

Josh