[Samba] Connection cut-outs?

James at jsquared.ca James at jsquared.ca
Wed Jul 24 20:49:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

I am using Samba Version 2.2.1a on openbsd 3.0 and access it with a
Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2 machine which I use as my desktop.

My problem seems to be with the browser election process.  If I am
playing mp3s across the network for example, my mapped drive will
suddenly disconnect.  To get the drive back up, I have to use Explorer,
navigate to My Network Places --> Entire Network --> Microsoft Windows
Network --> My domain --> My Server --> My Share

Sometimes My Server doesn't show up and I have to F5 (refresh) to get My
Server to show up again.
My Server --> My Share

My smb.conf has the following regarding Browser Control:
local master = yes
os level = 34
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes

Should I turn some of these 'master' options off?

Any help would be great!! Thanks!!

James Herschel
JSquared Network Solutions
(905)847-0799