[Samba] Changing file & folder permissions

Emil G. Frank emilf at aolehs.com
Wed Jul 24 17:39:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I use Samba 2.2.4 on RH Linux 6.2. I use SAMBA as a PDC.
As well I use SAMBA to provide a user specific network share
for each user logged into the domain.

I wanted to configure that each Domain user can modify
file and folder permissions of files & folders created
within his "private" share using a MS client.

According to info provided by a Samba book I modified the
smb.conf file - I uncommented the "nt acl support" property.

Once a XP client right clicks on a file within the private
share using MS Explorer he is able to change file and folder
permissions via the Explorer's "Security tab". However once he
wants to apply the changes he receives an error message telling
that the changes could not be applied.

"Unable to save permission changes on folder_A
Access is denied"

What did I miss to configure to make this work?

Thx,

Emil