[Samba] importance of sid and rid?

Hardi Gunawan hardigunawan at inbox.lv
Wed Jul 24 11:54:03 GMT 2002

Hi,

I would like to know, what's the importance of sid and rid, for:
1) a win2k to samba migration, with roaming profiles
2) brand new domain on samba, with roaming profiles

If rid and sid need to be migrated to a samba+ldap how do I do it?

Another thing is, I've read in ldap-smb-HEAD-howto.html that the builtin
accounts are implemented internally in the samba server.  Does this mean I
don't have to create guests user,backup ops, etc?  What's the importance of
all these users?

Hope these questions are not too much :)