[Samba] Help

Eddie Lania e.lania at elton.nl
Tue Jul 23 23:47:02 GMT 2002

If the samba on your RH server is the original package that came with the
redhat 7.3 distribution, then you should have a file called "smb" in your
/etc/rc.d/init.d directorie.

You don't need to add anything to /etc/inetd.conf.

RedHat's services are started with the /sbin/services command.
If you type"/sbin/service smb status" and the answer would be "smb is
stopped" then you simply start it with the command "/sbin/service smb start"
and to make in start automaticly at system startup you can run the "ntsysv"
command from the console to view the various services and to change their
runlevels.

Good luck.

Eddie.