[Samba] Profiles & Passwords, SMB & WInXP

info info at ssltbivdc.com
Tue Jul 23 21:26:01 GMT 2002

Hello,
I am hoping someone can help.  I am using RH 6.2, Samba 2.2.4 and Windows XP.
I have successfully set up Samba as the PDC (after days and days, registry patches, samba configs etc).

My Windows XP clients now logon to the Domain ssltbivdc.org. However, for some reason the roaming profile is not working.  It saves the profiles to the profile share on the Samba Server but Windows does NOT load it on start up - even  though when I go to check what the profiles settings status is (it says its using roaming - but it ISNT!).

I also want to be able to change the domain password on Windows but automatically update Unix and Samba passwords.  When I go to to change the password it says the current password is incorrect.  When I went looking at PAM information it said it wont work is Encrypted Passwords are set to Yes. (but Samba as a PDC will not work unless it is set to Yes!).  IS there another way of synchronising passwords.

My smb.conf file is below.  Maybe someone can see something obvious that Im doing wrong.  Do I need to cinfigure something extra to get Roaming Profiles and Passwords synchronisation to work?

Please help - and thanks in advance and hope.

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = SSLTBIVDC.ORG
netbios name = VDC2
server string = Samba Server%v%T
encrypt passwords = Yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *new password* %n\n *new password* %n\n *success*
passwd chat debug = Yes
unix password sync = Yes
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
debug hires timestamp = Yes
debug pid = Yes
debug uid = Yes
time server = Yes
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false -M %u
logon script = test.bat
logon path = \\%N\profiles\%u
logon drive = M:
logon home = \\%N\profiles\%u