[Samba] Samba + VPN + W98

Andrew Cuthbertson andyc at teamhq.org.uk
Tue Jul 23 15:53:02 GMT 2002

I think it is possible to do it this way. Unless anyone knows otherwise.

If you have a linux machine with a real IP on your office network then
you can run a PPTP server (www.poptop.org). If your samba server acts as
a wins server on your office network and you tell pptp the wins server
then when you dialin it should register you to the wins server and
everyone should see you in the office and you should be able to see
everyone in the office.

Andy C