TR: [Samba] [Printing]

Bruno Biedermann biedermann at lyon.cemagref.fr
Mon Jul 22 08:09:02 GMT 2002

Hi all!

Do you know a simple way to distribute the printer drivers to our w9x/2k
clients through the network.
Our print server is Rh 7.3, samba 2.2.3a and lpr 3.8.9.
Here is the part about printers in our smb.conf

[global]
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        load printers = yes
        printing = lprng
        printer admin = @infoly, root
        # security = share
        # printer driver file = /home/samba/printers/conf/printers.def.%a
        print command = /etc/samba/scripts/smblpc print %p %u %m %f
        lprm command = /etc/samba/scripts/smblpc cancel %p %u %m %j
        lpq command = /etc/samba/scripts/smblpc list %p %u %m
        lppause command = /etc/samba/scripts/smblpc hold %p %u %m %j
        lpresume command = /etc/samba/scripts/smblpc release %p %u %m %j
        queuepause command = /etc/samba/scripts/smblpc pause %p %u %m
        queueresume command = /etc/samba/scripts/smblpc resume %p %u %m

[print$]
        path = /home/samba/printers/msrpc
        guest ok = no
        browseable = yes
        writable = no
        write list = @infoly,root

Anywat, when we try to install a printer under w9x/2k, we need to install
the driver from the computer we're on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks