[Samba] WinXP and Samba

Ladner, Eric (Eric.Ladner) Eric.Ladner at ChevronTexaco.com
Mon Jul 22 06:51:02 GMT 2002

Follow-up..

(currently running Samba version 3.0-alpha18)

One interesting thing I saw in the logs for the computer that's having
a hard time is this:

[2002/07/20 18:38:06, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(648)
   is not a directory

Strange that it's printing a blank.  I assume there's supposed to be
something before the "is not a directory"

Also, I see a lot of these messages:

[2002/07/22 06:25:48, 0] lib/charcnv.c:convert_string(147)
  convert_string: Required 35, available 16

I'll try to get a complete session of the bad computer trying to log
on today and post that as an additional follow-up.

Thanks,

Eric