[Samba] SAMBA > 2.2.0 print driver does not install

christoph.beyer at desy.de christoph.beyer at desy.de
Mon Jul 22 02:22:02 GMT 2002

Hi everybody,

I have been running into this a while ago and it took me quite some to
time to get it going. As I found a few similar questions and no answers
in the lists here's problem & solution:

PROBLEM:
The printer driver installed from an NT/W2K box on the SAMBA server
sometimes install parts or complete drivers locally (on the NT box not on
the SAMBA server)

SOLUTION:
Edit the *.inf file of the driver, and look for something like

[DestinationDirs]
DefaultDestDir=66000

if there are different values then 66000: that's the problem, replace
them...

hope this helps
	~christoph

--
/*   Christoph Beyer     |   Office: Building 2b / 23     *\
 *   DESY                |    Phone: 040-8998-2317        *