[Samba] offline files stopped working

Pablo Molinero Fernández molinero at stanford.edu
Sat Jul 20 11:43:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am using WinXP as a client and RehHat Linux 7.3 with samba 2.2.3a-6 as
the server, and all of the sudden my offline file synchronization has
stopped working.

The synthoms are:
-I can access the files while connected to the server
-I get an access denied when disconnected. I can see the files listed
under the offline files, but some files have a "Synchronization status"
of "local copy is incomplete", and some files have "access atributes" of
NULL, "User W" or just "User W, Guest W", which does not reflect the
permissions of the files in server file system.

I have tried in different ways to clear the WinXP cache of the files,
but the listing of the offline files yields the same file staus and
attributes.

Has anybody encountered this before? Do you have a solution for this?

TIA

Pablo