[Samba] MAX_MPX

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jul 19 16:20:03 GMT 2002

"German D. Staltari" wrote:

> Hi, i was searching in the source code, but i didn't find any MAX_MPX  or
> something like that. How can i change MAX_MPX_REQUESTS that smbd can handle?

Samba doesn't support multiplexed NetBIOS connections, or any form of
muliplexing other than muliple user support, and muliple connection
(TCP/IP level) support.

By 'muliple user support' I mean that each user does a SessionSetup and
returns the resulting 'vuid' on subsequent request (open file, read
etc).

We allow up to about 2^16 vuids on a connection - but is is a linked
list...

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org