[Samba] problems mounting smbfs

Nelson, Mark Mark.Nelson at trw.com
Fri Jul 19 12:02:04 GMT 2002

Thanks!

found that even tho I have smbmnt in my $PATH

---snip---
[root at hdservices etc]# echo $PATH
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin
---snip---

When I put a symlink in /usr/bin to /usr/sbin/smbmnt it now works.
Not sure exactly why, but I'm not going to argue the fix.

RE: the username and password in the fstab, I'm moving it out to a credentials file (-o credentials=/path/to/.file).
Just wanted to make it as simple as I could first to get it working.  Will be Chmod 600 the .file too.

Thanks again!

Mark