[Samba] smbclient 2.2.5 segfaults on Solaris 7 x86 (continued)

Marius Strumyla MStrumyla at Accordant.net
Fri Jul 19 11:12:04 GMT 2002

well, as of today my smbclient started segfaulting consistlently.
configuration:
   share A on box 1 (nt 4.0 sp6a)
   share B on box 2 (nt 4.0 sp6a)

   solaris 7 x86 running samba 2.2.5

   x86 --uploads 18 mb file--> share A 	[upload is very slow. almost
always segfaults]
   x86 --uploads 18 mb file--> share B	[upload is very slow. almost always
segfaults]

i could have sworn that two days ago, i was able to successfully upload
to share B :(

_however_, if i enable debugging and set level to 10, i get no segfaults
and the upload is extremely fast!

the following works ok (uploads file in less than 10 secs):

marius at ahswebdev$ ./smbclient //<box 1>/<share A> -d 10 -U \
mstrumyla%passwd > /dev/null
lcd /tmp
put backup.tar
quit
marius at ahswebdev$

the following almost always segfaults and the upload always is very slow:

marius at ahswebdev$ ./smbclient //<box 1>/<share A> -U \
mstrumyla%passwd > /dev/null
lcd /tmp
put backup.tar
Segmentation Fault - core dumped

i've got no clue how would i trace down this problem :(
any help would be highly appreciated
--
  i5mast