[Samba] help needed

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Jul 19 09:46:02 GMT 2002

I don't know much about passwords, but:
The user name which gets sent from the windows clients is the user name you
log on with on windows. Are you logging on windows with user marcus?
Does user marcus have an account on the server?
Then, have you taken care of the encrypted password stuff?
And, you can use guest ok = yes and skip the passwords.
Joel