[Samba] help needed

marcus at rtt.co.za marcus at rtt.co.za
Fri Jul 19 09:32:02 GMT 2002

Hi there New to list.

I'm trying to set up SMB so that I can r+w to files on a Linux Server running Mandrake 8.
I can see the Server over the network but when I try to access it  keeps asking for a password.

This is what I've done

smbadduser marcus:marcu
set the password

restart smb
service smb restart

refreshed even reopened Network Neighborhood

It still ask me for a passwd
I type the passwd in but it does work.

Thanks In Advance

Marcus

This message contains information intended for the perusal, and/or use (if
so stated), by the stated addressee(s) only. The information is
confidential and privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, do not
peruse, use, disseminate, distribute, copy or in any manner rely upon the
information contained in this message (directly or indirectly). The sender
and/or the entity represented by the sender shall not be held accountable
in the event that this prohibition is disregarded. If you receive this
message in error, notify the sender immediately by e-mail, fax or telephone
representations contained in this message, whether express or implied, are
those of the sender only, unless that sender expressly states them to be
the views or representations of an entity or person, who shall be named by
the sender and who the sender shall state to represent. No liability shall
otherwise attach to any other entity or person.