[Samba] samba: user does not exist

Tyler Durdin linuxgeek23 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 19 05:55:02 GMT 2002

I am trying to join my WINXP machine to the domain (rh 7.3 and SAMBA) and
when i get to the "typre the name of a user authorized to join this computer
to the domain" screen, i type the info and it tells me user does not exist.
I have changed all of the necessary reg. settings and applied the patch, I
have also connected the entire office which all run XP except this machine
will not cooperate. I have been using the root account to join cpt's to the
domain, is it telling me my root account does not exist? or is it telling me
my user account does not exist, because they both do and I had this machine
connected to the domain before I reformatted and reloaded XP. Any ideas?