[Samba] PDC BDC should I or shouldn't I?

Thierry ITTY thierry.itty at besancon.org
Fri Jul 19 05:16:02 GMT 2002

I saw a paper a while ago on this list explaining how to simulate a samba
BDC (unfortunately i don't remember a link ref or a title). the main idea
was to have the samba BDC act as a DC, but with regular refreshes of the
user database from the "true" PDC (using rsync or whatever), or using the
"true" PDC as a remote password server, or a combination of both.

you'd try and search this paper, such a solution should put your boss' mind
at ease :-)