[Samba] Re: Case Sensitive Problem

peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Thu Jul 18 20:02:08 GMT 2002

Shouldn't your path (in the [bouncer] share)
be /usr/local/Bouncer  (capital B), rather than /usr/local/bouncer ?

You say "I'm sure that you see my problem", but could
you please state exactly what happens when you try to mount?
What problem is occurring.

Sorry if that sounds stupid, just trying to help.
The extra info may get more responses to your question.

-peter.

10:07 AM ---------------------------

>To:  samba at lists.samba.org
>cc:  kevin at ghenthacker.com
>Subject: Re: Case Sensitive Problem

>Kevin, what version of Samba are you using?
>I was having some problems with filename case sensitivity
>with Samba 2.0.6.
>Latest version of Samba(2.2.5) seems to fix the problem
>(also Samba 2.2.2 that I had on a test box seemed to fix it)

>-peter.

>Sorry should read "bouncer" executable & "Bouncer" directory. That makes more
>sense. :)

>Thanks.

>--Kevin

>On Wednesday 17 July 2002 04:42 pm, Kevin Lester wrote:
>> I am using samba to share a directory that lives on an OpenBSD 3.1 box.
>> The client is my linux box.  I want to mount this directory so I can use my
>> own tools on the linux box to edit the code.
>>
>> My problem is that there is a file "boucer" which is an executable and a
>> "Bouncer" directory.  I'm sure you can see my problem.  I tried putting
>> case sensitive = yes in the params for the share, but it didn't seem to
>> help.  Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --Kevin

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or National Transport Secretariat, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.