[Samba] unknown parameter "ldap server", head branch

David Mendenhall david at digitalfountain.com
Thu Jul 18 17:24:02 GMT 2002

I've fetched and compiled the latest from cvs --with-ldapsam, and didn't
appear to have any problem.

testparm complains thusly:

ERROR: both 'wins support = true' and 'wins server = <server>' cannot be set
in the smb.conf file. nmbd will abort with this setting.

...even though there is no "wins server" entry in the smb.conf, but it then
reports everything else correctly.

When I run smbstatus, I get the following:

# /usr/local/samba/bin/smbstatus
Unknown parameter encountered: "ldap server"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ldap server"
Unknown parameter encountered: "ldap port"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ldap port"
Unknown parameter encountered: "domain admin group"
Ignoring unknown parameter "domain admin group"
sessionid.tdb not initialised

And when I do an smbadduser, it seems to function properly, but doesn't
create an ldap entry. Did I miss a step or a compile option somewhere? I'd
be glad to provide any more info if someone thinks they can help.

-david