Fw: [Samba] file refresh on windows 98 client

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu Jul 18 07:18:02 GMT 2002

oplocks are a way for the client to reserve the file for its own use ON THE
CLIENT. The file is stored on the client.
How will your unix server know that the file is being stored on the client?
Think of all the ways this can cause trouble. Turn off oplocks.
Joel