[Samba] CUPS and Samba without authorization

amoote at ivhs.com amoote at ivhs.com
Thu Jul 18 07:12:02 GMT 2002

Perhaps one of you could lend us a hand with this...

We are trying to setup an open access print server using RedHat 7.3 and
Cups 1.15.
We are seeing the following error message on some of the log files related
to some Win2K users:

[2002/07/18 08:57:35, 0]
rpc_client/cli_spoolss_notify.c:spoolss_connect_to_client(133)
  connect_to_client: machine JLEE rejected the tconX on the IPC$ share.
Error was : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
[2002/07/18 09:40:11, 0]
rpc_client/cli_spoolss_notify.c:spoolss_connect_to_client(133)
  connect_to_client: machine JLEE rejected the tconX on the IPC$ share.
Error was : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
[2002/07/18 10:02:54, 0]
rpc_client/cli_spoolss_notify.c:spoolss_connect_to_client(133)
  connect_to_client: machine JLEE rejected the tconX on the IPC$ share.
Error was : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
[2002/07/18 10:03:49, 0]
rpc_client/cli_spoolss_notify.c:spoolss_connect_to_client(133)
  connect_to_client: machine JLEE rejected the tconX on the IPC$ share.
Error was : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.

It doesn't seem to effect all users of that platform, but they should all
have the same settings.  These errors are new to me, and we don't know what
to change to get rid of it.  Printing is working (as far as we can tell)
but perhaps these errors will result more problems later, or it may be
slowing down the printing process.

Our smb.conf looks liks this:

[global]
      wins server = 172.17.10.225
      printing = cups
      printcap name = cups
      security = share
      printer admin = samba
      server string = Samba Print Server (%v)
      workgroup = Resources
      netbios name = pserver
      log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
      guest account = lp
      max log size = 200
      load printers = yes
      default = printers
      encrypt passwords = yes

[printers]
      comment = All Printers
      path = /var/spool/samba
        printing = cups
      read only = yes
      public = yes
      guest ok = yes
      writable = no
      printable = yes
      use client driver = yes

[print$]
      path = /usr/share/samba/drivers
      browseable = yes
      guest ok = yes
      read only = yes
      write list = samba

Any help would be appreciated in the matter.  Thanks gang!

Regards,

Alan B. Moote
Systems Administrator
MARK IV Industries