[Samba] m$ briefcase / access question

Greg Conway greg at gmlnt.com
Wed Jul 17 14:39:02 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I've just realised Samba doesn't appear to support M$ Briefcases, which is a
bit of a shame as I've just designed an Access Database system that needs to
replicate between Servers on five sites, and we've just converted the
client's NT Servers to Linux Samba Servers.... (now, finally, things work
properly!!)

So, presuming there is a God up there somewhere.... can anybody please tell
me how I might enable Briefcase support?

I've had a hunt around, and the best I've found is somebody saying I need to
enable the read only attribute. Hmmmm. I presume they were having a laugh
and there really is no God after all....

Any believers out there care to answer the Great Question once and for
all.... can it be done... please??!!!

Many many many thanks for any help received!!

Regards,

Greg Conway.

This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly
confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any action
in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify us by return and delete the same.
Further enquiries/returns can be posted to postmaster at gmlnt.com
Thank you.