[Samba] Installing/Removing RPM's

Trevor Fraser trevor at systematic.co.za
Wed Jul 17 03:59:02 GMT 2002

Hello everyone.

This is partly a RedHat specific question.  When I try removing a rpm using 'rpm -e'
I get 'rpm not installed', and when I try install the same rpm using 'rpm -i', I get 'rpm already installed'. How can this be? Please advise.

Another thing is that I can't find the swat service. I installed smb server at installation, and the rest of the packages seem to be installed. I'm trying to reinstall, but the above problem keeps holds me back. If I could reinstall, is this the right thing to do, or do you have other suggestions?

Thanks for your time,
Trevor.